Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme, 2022 (to Offer 5.32 Lakh Laptops), (for Youth, Students, Beneficiaries, Eligibility, Documents, Laptop Distribution, Specification, Apply)
The Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme will be offered by Tamil Nadu state government aiming for the students of government and government aided schools including polytechnic colleges. The main idea is to offer laptops for free to help them pursue education and take help of laptops. The complete details of the entitled scheme have been given below for the help of the beneficiaries.
Tamil Nadu Government Pongal Gift Scheme – Rice Ration Card Holders.
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Overviews
|Name of the scheme
|Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2020
|Scheme Launched by
|Tamil Nadu Government
|Total number of laptops to be given
|5.32 lakh laptops
|Beneficiaries of scheme
|Government or government aided schools and polytechnic colleges
|Objective of scheme launch
|Offer free laptop to acquire better skills
|Total cost for laptop distribution
|Rupees 950 crores
|Total students to be covered up for scheme
|5, 32, 000 students
|Toll Free Number
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Highlighting Details
- Main focus for scheme launch – The main idea for scheme launch is to help students acquire technology based skills and help in online education owing to the pandemic situation
- Target group of scheme – The government and non-government school students and the one belonging to polytechnic college are the beneficiaries of scheme
- Total number of laptops to be given under scheme – A total of 5.32 lakh laptops will be given under the scheme for a total of rupees 950 crores
- Financial allotment for scheme – For the scheme, a total of rupees 950 crores has been allotted in the state to offer free laptop. However, the education department has been given the responsibility to distribute the laptops to the students.
Tamil Nadu Amma Mini Clinic Scheme – 2000 Mini Clinics that will be built.
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Laptop Distribution for Students
The laptop distribution should have been started soon the colleges and schools would reopen. But owing to the pandemic situation, the distribution got delayed. However, state government ensured that the laptops should be given to students of schools and colleges such that they have enough time for exam preparation. However, after the lockdown, the number of students for the laptop floated and the government has to take necessary steps to meet the increased demand.
Progress Details of Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
Tamil Nadu state government is implementing the scheme for the help of government aided schools and polytechnic colleges to help students acquire skills better. The correct implementation of the scheme shall help in offering laptops for free to the students. Though the supply of laptop started from March 2019, it got delayed due to the pandemic. However, it can be expected to start from March, 2021.
TN Right of Way Portal – for Telecom and Infrastructure Provider Companies.
Main Beneficiaries of Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
- 11, 533 laptops to students in first year polytechnic
- 5.19 lakh students of class 11
- 1293 students of class 12th who belong to physically challenged category
- 463 students of class 11belonging to different-abled group
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Laptops Specifications
The laptops will be given to students who will be appearing for final year exam and they can study properly with the help of the laptop. The configuration of the machine is given as below.
- 500 GB hard disk
- 2.0 GHz Pentium processor
- Windows 10 pro-national academic version
- One year warranty along with battery
- Integrated graphics with 128 MB VRAM or its high edition
The state government has taken the responsibility to install the machine and repair it as required in the district school and colleges. A total of 51.67 lakh laptops will be given for free of costs. This will cover up for almost rupees 7257.61 crores in the span of 2011 to 2012 to 2019 t0 2020.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme : For Women.
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Eligibility
- Residential details – The students who are natives of the state are eligible for the scheme
- Educational details – The students who are studying in school or college in the state can avail of the scheme perks
- Family income – The student who wish to opt for the scheme benefits need to furnish their family annual income certificate to justify their eligibility for the scheme
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Documents
- Domicile details – As the scheme has been launched in Tamil Nadu, only the natives of the states can register for the scheme perks
- Income certificate – The candidate should produce their family income certificate to justify that they are eligible to get laptop for free
- Identification proof – The candidate should furnish Aadhaar card, Voter ID, ration card and the like to be scrutinized by higher authority before offering the laptop to the student
- Educational proof – Students should furnish suitable college or school certificate indicating their class to justify that they are eligible for the scheme and get the laptop for higher education
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana : Mass Marriage Scheme.
Other Details Pertaining to Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
As of the current year, Lenovo has won a tender to offer 15.66 lakh laptops, each at a cost of above rupees 10000. For the successful implementation of the scheme, a total of rupees 950 crores have been to school department to offer free laptops. The laptop will be given with some basic software for the use of the students. Students may install other software, but there may not be sufficient space in the laptops. It is mainly offered for basic educational purposes which are among the latest laptop models and updated ones.
In addition, there is a shortage of computer teachers in schools and the education department is trying to cope up for this. Therefore, by successful implementation of the scheme, the students can continue their educational using the laptops given.
Q : What is the name of the scheme ?
Ans : Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2020.
Q : Who are the beneficiaries of scheme ?
Ans : Students who have to pursue online education.
Q : Which classes are included in the scheme ?
Ans : Students of government and non-government aided schools and students of polytechnic students.
Q : How many laptops to be given for the scheme ?
Ans : 5.32 lakh laptops
Q : What is the total money given for the scheme ?
Ans : Rupees 950 crores
Other Links –
- Karnataka Vidyagama Scheme
- Vijayamritham Scheme Kerala
- Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme
- Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme Kerala