WB launches ‘Chokher Alo Scheme 2023 Free Eye Care [Apply Online Form, List, Treatment, Schedule, Application Form, Website, Tollfree helpline Number]
The West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme 2023 has been initiated by the state government in order to provide free eye checkup facility to senior citizens. The main idea is to provide a suitable checkup facility and give spectacles for free as required. The state government officials are trying their best to ensure successful launch of the scheme to offer better treatment relating to eyes. Read on to know more about other details relating to the scheme in the following part of the article.
Table of Contents
WB Chokher Alo Scheme 2023 Details
Name of the scheme
WB Chokher Alo Scheme 2020-2021
Target group of scheme
Scheme has been launched by
West Bengal government
Main purpose for scheme launch
Eye checkup and get spectacles for free
Date of scheme launch
Total beneficiaries of scheme
20 lakh senior citizens
Number of citizens to get free spectacles
8.25 lakh elderly people undergoing operation
Number of students for eye tests
10 lakh students and from this, only 4 lakhs will be given spectacles
|Toll Free Helpline Number
WB Chokher Alo Scheme Highlights
- Target group – The senior citizens are the target group who will be benefited from the scheme
- Main objective – The main focus of scheme launch is to help who are suffering from eye problems and given them free opportunity of checkup, operations and free spectacles as required
- Scheme has been launched by – The scheme has been launched by West Bengal state government for the benefit of senior citizens
- First phase of scheme launch – In the 1st phase, 1200 gram panchayats and 120 primary health centers will be set up by the state government for the benefit of senior citizens
Set up for trauma – care Under WB Chokher Alo Scheme
- A trauma-care has been set up by CM of the state with facilities of modern setup at North Bengal Medical College and Hospital for the benefit of the senior citizens
- The rupees 10 crore unit will be used to have 20 beds, with additional two operation theatres. In addition to this, there will be a 10-bed recovery room
- An orthopedic surgeon along with a neurosurgeon will be appointed to handle the emergency patients
However, the first trauma care has been set up in SSKM hospital with the second in north Bengal for the help of the people who are in need of the treatment.
WB Chokher Alo Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Residential specifications – As the scheme has been launched in West Bengal, only the natives are allowed to register for the scheme
- Health conditions – The citizens who wish to register should produce history records for eye check up
- Age limit – There are certain age limits for the beneficiaries of the scheme as only senior citizens are eligible to register
WB Chokher Alo Scheme Documents List
- Residential proof – If the senior citizen is candidate of West Bengal, then only they can apply and so, they need to produce suitable domicile documents
- Identification proof – The candidates should furnish suitable identification details like Aadhaar card, ration card, voter ID card and the like for scrutiny by higher authority at the time of registration for scheme
- Health reports – The candidate who wish to avail of treatment facility under the scheme need to furnish suitable health records to help the doctors understand the condition of the eyes, and diagnose for earlier eye problems
WB Chokher Alo Scheme Online registration
As this is a newly launched scheme by state government, the state authorities are yet to come up with the registration procedure to be followed for the scheme. The portal is also not yet launched. However, as soon as it comes up, the beneficiaries will be the first to know about it. The state authorities will ensure that they can offer adequate benefits to the beneficiaries and help them get better medical facilities for eye checkup under the scheme.
1. Who is eligible for WB Chokher Alo Scheme benefits?
Ans. Senior Citizens of the state
2. Who has helped in WB Chokher Alo Scheme launch?
Ans. CM of West Bengal has helped in scheme launch
3. What all will be offered under WB Chokher Alo Scheme?
Ans. Free eye checkup, spectacles and surgery facilities
4. What are the total beneficiaries under the scheme?
Ans. 20 lakh senior citizens
5. When has the scheme been launched?
Ans. The scheme has been launched on January, 2021
- Yuvashree Arpan Scheme West Bengal
- Jai Johar Bandhu Prakalpa Pension Scheme
- Hasir Alo Scheme in West Bengal
- Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme