YSR Arogya Asara Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2023 [Eligibility, How to apply, Application Form, Amount]
The state government of Andhra Pradesh, under the leadership of Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced another scheme that is directed towards the wellbeing of the poor patients. The name of this medical welfare project is YSR Arogya Asara Scheme. Under this project, the poor patients will receive a financial assistance from the authority, after they are discharged from the hospitals. They money will help the patient to meet the economic needs of the family, and post-treatment medications. In this article, you can read about the features, eligibility and document necessary for the application.
Table of Contents
YSR Arogya Asara Scheme Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme
|YSR Arogya Asara Scheme
|YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
|Date of announcement
|Date of implementation
|Guntur General Hospital
|Needy patients of the state
|Andhra Pradesh Health and Welfare Department
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the patients – Poor patients’ families often face financial difficulties. The state government has developed this scheme to put a stopper on this issue. It will also improve the treatment facilities, available in the state.
- Financial assistance – As per the scheme details, the patient will be able to get a support sum of Rs. 5000 after being discharged from the hospital.
- Payment mode – The beneficiaries of this scheme will attain the funds on a monthly basis.
- Number of beneficiaries – The state reports suggest that after the implementation of this scheme, around 4.5 lakh patients will be able to get the post-treatment financial grant.
- Selected surgeries and treatment categories – The state government has mentioned that 26 treatment categories will be covered under this scheme. Patients will be able to get the assistance grant if they require any of the 836 operations, mentioned in the scheme details.
- Cashing the cheque – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that the state government will release the cheque and the money will be deposited in the respective bank account within 48 hours of the patient’s discharge from the hospital.
- Relative’s account can be used – In case the patient does not have access to his/her bank account, then the money can be transferred in the account of a close relative.
Eligibility for application
- Residential criterion – The scheme has been developed for offering the benefits to those who are legal and permanent residents of this state.
- Hospitalization criterion – The applicant must take admission in the hospitals, which come under the state health department.
- Financially weak applicants – It is mandatory for the applicant to fall in the financially weak categories to get the scheme perks.
- Marginalized castes – People, falling in the marginalized categories, like ST, OBC, SC, and minority groups will be allowed to partake in this project.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – If the applicants do not possess a legal residential proof, then they cannot acquire the project perks.
- ID papers – A copy of the applicant’s Aadhar Card must be attached with the registration form.
- Treatment documents – Every candidate must submit the hospitalization and treatment papers with the enrollment form.
- Discharge papers – The discharge papers, issued by the hospitals must be attached with the application form.
- Financial background certificate – The applicants need to furnish documents, which highlight that they come from financially weak backgrounds.
- Caste certificate – It is mandatory for the applicants, belonging to specific castes like ST, SC, OBC, and minority categories to submit the certificates to support their claims.
- Bank account details – The grant money will be deposited in the bank account of the patient after he/she has been discharged from the hospital. Thus, each applicant needs to produce bank account details.
How to apply for the scheme?
The Chief Minister of the state has announced that the scheme will be launched soon. Though he highlighted the perks and the benefit distribution process, he has not mentioned anything about the application process. It is estimated that the beneficiaries may have to fill in an application form before they are discharged from the hospital. This form, along with the treatment documents will be sent to the health department. There, the documents will be scrutinized and the beneficiaries will be selected. If you desire to know more about the scheme updates, then stay tuned to our website.
It is the responsibility of the state government to ensure proper measures, which improve the condition of the medical sector. The implementation of this scheme is a decisive step. The poor patients no longer need to worry about post treatment expenses for a few months. The support sum can also be used to pay for the basic requirements of the beneficiary families.
Other links –
- YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- मुख्यमंत्री जन आधार कार्ड योजना राजस्थान
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme Eligibility List
- YSR Vahana Mitra Scheme Beneficiary List