Olympian Balbir Singh Senior Scholarship Scheme Punjab 2023 (Benefits, beneficiaries, application form, registration, eligibility criteria, list, status, official website, portal, documents, helpline number, last date, how to apply)
The Olympian Balbir Singh Senior Scholarship Schemehas been launched by the Punjab sports department. The scheme has been launched to encourage the sportsperson of the state. Furthermore, Sports minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer commented that the initiative is the first of its kind in Punjab to bring out and encourage talents and eminent players of the state. Read the following part of the article to gather more details relating to the scheme.
Table of Contents
Olympian Balbir Singh Senior Scholarship Scheme Punjab 2022
|Name of the scheme
|Olympian Balbir Singh Senior Scholarship Scheme
|Purpose of scheme launch
|encourage players at the grass-roots level
|Beneficiaries of the scheme
|eminent national players
|Budget sanctioned for the scheme
|Scheme has been launched by
|Punjab sports department
|Scheme announcement done by
|Punjab sports minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
|Scheme has been named after
|legendary Balbir Singh Senior
|Duration of stipend under the scheme
|Official portal of the scheme
Mentioning some important characteristics of the scheme
- Main purpose of the scheme –The purpose of the scheme launch is to encourage young sports talents in Punjab and prepare them for international-level competitions
- Beneficiaries of the scheme – Grass-root level players of the state who are willing to play at national levels
- Scheme has been launched by – Punjab Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer announced the scheme at the Punjab Bhavan press conference
- Medals under the scheme – Players winning at the senior national level will get rupees 8000 monthly, and those winning under the junior national title will get rupees 6000 monthly
- Facilities of the scheme – Diet, coaching, sports equipment, cash prize, and the job will be offered to players as part of the scheme
Therefore, the main idea of the scheme is to encourage more players to participate in Paris Olympic Games upcoming in 2024 and also in the Los Angeles Olympic Games of 2028. The state sports department is taking the responsibility to train and help the players give their best shots and win the challenges.
Benefits under the scheme
- Players who get medals in the senior national category will get a stipend of rupees 8000 monthly for a year
- Players titled as junior national medal winners will get a rupees 6000 monthly stipends for one year
- Health insurance will be started for the players
- It will also provide sports equipment to players
- New coaches are to be recruited on a large scale the help players improve on the field
- The Diet of day players has been increased from rupees 100 to 125, and hostel players are rupees 200 to 225
The stipend money will be given to the players regardless of the type of medal they win. By this, the Punjab state sports department is trying to boost its sports performance.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Athletes of the state – As the scheme has been started in Punjab, only the native sportsman of the state are eligible to register
- Sports background – The sportsman willing to get the scheme benefits should furnish correct details that belong to the sports background. If they have won any medal, mention of the same is necessary. Depending on this, the player will get the monthly stipend and financial help
List of Vital Documents
- Identification proof – The candidate should furnish correct identification proof such as an Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, and equivalent at the time of scheme registration
- Bank details – The player should furnish correct bank details as the stipend amount will be directly transferred to the linked account
Online Scheme registration
The scheme is a newly announced one, so the process of its online registration is yet to be declared by the sports authority. It mainly aims to improve the condition of players and provide better scopes to them. One has to keep a note of the official portal for the scheme registration process.
FAQ of the scheme
1. What is the name of the scheme?
Olympian Balbir Singh Senior Scholarship Scheme
2. Who has launched the scheme?
Punjab sports department
3. Who are the scheme beneficiaries?
Young players at gross root level in Punjab
4. What is the stipend amount for junior and senior medal winners?
Rs. 6000 per month for junior players and Rs. 8000 per month for senior players
5. What is the official portal of the scheme?
- Punjab Smart Ration Card Scheme
- Punjab Doorstep Ration Delivery Scheme
- Kamyaab Kisan Khushaal Punjab
- Punjab m Sewa Mobile App